This PFX Training Module is a self-paced mini-course that includes short self-assessments throughout.
- Understand how fuel type, characteristics, arrangement, and environment affects fire risk and fire behavior.
- Be able to identify hazardous fuels types and arrangements on a landscape.
Instructions: Use the < and > buttons on the slides below to navigate through the Training Module.
Estimated learning time: 25 minutes.
Resources for Fuel and Wildfire Behavior
National Wildfire Coordinating Group Courses:
- Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior
- Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior
- Introduction to Fire Behavior Calculations
Take a quick survey to help us to create better Training Modules in the future!